Short description of the project
The project "Strengthening the competitiveness of MDK builder d.o.o. by investing in the digital and green transition" enables the company to create a competitive advantage by focusing on digital, green and circular business in order to meet the requirements and needs of existing customers and attract new ones. By significantly improving business processes, thanks to the acquisition of more technologically advanced and energy-efficient machines, equipment and digital solutions, the digital transition of enterprises and green goals in accordance with the objectives of the Project is achieved. The investment in question will optimize the production process and the entire business and raise it to a higher technological level, and will increase sales revenues, all of which will result in the achievement of the company's long-term goals.
At the level of the general objective, the project contributes to the economic empowerment and recovery of businesses in the market, providing the possibility of meeting all the needs of existing customers and acquiring new ones, and focusing the business on the digital and green economy.
The specific objectives of the project are aimed at eliminating the identified problems and the resulting limitations and consequences that could have a negative impact on the growth and development of the enterprise in the future, and include the following:
- Qualitative improvement of the company's business processes by applying organizational innovations and business optimization by purchasing software and hardware solutions:
- Initiation and improvement of the production process by applying innovation and process optimization by introducing digital production planning and monitoring systems;
- Implementation of the circular economy in the business of enterprises by investing in bags of recycled paper for packaging products;
- Increase in sales revenues, export revenues and the number of employees.
The defined objectives consequently indicate that the company will achieve the following indicators by realizing the project activities:
- an increase in total sales revenue by 33%;
- Increase in export revenues by 26%;
- Increase in the number of employees by 12 (newly hired employees);
- Significantly improving business processes through more productive production, both through planning and monitoring;
- Achieving a more competitive price of the product through savings in the production process (productivity, reducing energy consumption);
- Contribution to increasing all parameters of growth and development and consolidating its place on the market, contributing to the green and digital goals of the EU and the Republic of Croatia, while contributing to general principles, with a focus on the circular economy.
Total project value:
Grants (amount of EU support):
Project implementation period
from 01.03.2022 to 01.09.2023.
Responsible contact person
Maja Tuđen Pavlinić
+38599 494 5217
Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development
Workers' Road 80
10 000 Zagreb
Croatian Agency for Small Business, Innovation and Investment
10 000 Zagreb